Furman Scholar Nomination
Students selected as Furman Scholars are eligible to receive at least $20,000 in scholarships upon acceptance to Furman University. Additionally, Furman Scholars are eligible for a fee waiver on their Common Application.
High school counselors may nominate current juniors for the Furman Scholars program who meet all of the following criteria:
1. A genuine interest in an education in the liberal arts and sciences
2. A high school weighted grade point average of 3.5 or higher
3. Significant involvement in extracurricular activities and community service
4. Demonstrated leadership potential
5. At least a 1300 on the SAT, a 1360 on the SAT-R, at least a 1360 on the PSAT, or a 29 on the ACT or Aspire (excluding writing).
To receive award certificates by spring awards days, COUNSELORS MUST NOMINATE BY APRIL 1, 2017. We will continue accepting additional nominations until JUNE 1, 2017, which is the FINAL DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS.
Counselors may nominate up to five (5) students using this form. To nominate additional students, you must complete and submit another online form. Counselors may nominate as many students as qualify.
You will receive a confirmation email after successful completion of this form.
QUESTIONS? Please contact (864) 294-2034 or firstname.lastname@example.org By checking this box, I certify the validity of all the information provided. (Electronic Signature)
This is the address where the notification letter will be sent if the student is selected as a Furman Scholar.
High School Graduation Year
Minimum GPA for nominees is the equivalent to a 3.5 on a 4.0 scale.
Please provide examples of the student's extracurricular activities, community service, and leadership.